TEXT OF CLARIFICATION AND CONSENT, CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY POLICY UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION LAW
The Support to Life Association request some personal information from you in order to be able to provide its services more properly and equitably, to reach the donors, volunteers and needy people when it is deemed necessary and to be able to evaluate the needs of needy people in a proper way.
The Support to Life Association reserves its rights to collect, process and share with related 3rd persons and institutions personal data on its own and/or in conjunction with other data, provided to itself and considered personal data under the Personal Data Protection Law.
Unless otherwise stated in writing, the person accepts that his/her personal data can be collected, processed and s/he can be reached by any communication means, and that the current application shall continue unless s/he notifies his/her data sharing preferences in written form.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law, your personal data which are processed for the purposes specified in this Text of Clarification and Consent will be deleted, destroyed or anonymized by us if the reasons requiring them to be processed cease to exist according to Article 7/f.1 of the Law and/or the time limits we are required to follow to process your data expire according to the legislation.
Within the scope of Personal Data Protection Law (“Law”) No. 6698 which came into effect after publication in the Official Gazette dated 07.04.2016, the Association has the “Data Controller” status.
Accordingly, your personal data will be protected by the Support to Life Association under the said law and will be processed pursuant to your consent. We would like to note that your Personal Data may be used by us with the aim of contacting you for promotional and information purposes, collecting and compiling statistical data and developing charitable activities.
The Support to Life Association does not keep record of or store personal data subject to the donation such as Credit Card, ATM Card or BKM Express Account information (i.e. Credit Card Number). The Support to Life Association ensures the security of donation payments through SSL-based 128-bit encryption.
In this regard, you may use the rights listed below at any given time by applying to our Association, as the Data Controller, pursuant to Article 11 of said law. Accordingly, our donors, whose personal data is being processed, have the right to:
- Learn whether their personal data is being processed,
- Request information on personal data being processed, if such exists,
- Learn why their personal data is being processed and whether such data is being used fittingly,
- Know the third persons to whom their personal data has been transferred, request the correction of errors in their personal data and that such corrections be asked of third persons if data has been transferred,
- Request that personal data be deleted, destroyed or be anonymized if the reasons requiring them to be processed cease to exist and that such a request be conveyed to third persons if data has been transferred,
- Object if a negative outcome has arisen with regard to processed data,
- Claim damages within the framework of legislations if damage occurs due to processing of data in violation of the Law.
In accordance with the first paragraph of Article 13 of the Personal Data Protection Law, the applications that will be made for such rights to our Association acting in capacity of Data Controller must be in writing or by other methods determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.
Accordingly, the applications must be lodged to the Association in writing personally by the Applicant, through notary public and sent by e-mail to email@example.com with secure electronic signature of the Applicant as defined in the Electronic Signature Law no. 5070.